Friday, February 5, 2010

Transparency


After reading a friend's blog today, I realized that my blogs were rather generic... usually showing a picture of something or someone that I love or an event like my granddaughter's play or snow in Texas. Those are all good things to report on, but I am never transparent. And I am a very transparent person. If I'm hurt about something or mad, it is written all over my face. I can't fake it. And for those of you who actually read this (and there are so few), I am going to commit to being a little more real, and transparent, like all of you are. My life isn't perfect, but I do feel that I am in a very "comfortable" place right now. I have a job, I have my sons and grandaughter nearby, I have met and fallen in love with my best friend forever (and we are slowly but surely planning a life together - I guess at this age, things don't happen as quickly as when we were young), and I am now at 11.5 years post-death-sentence "you'll never go into remission" diagnosis. Here's to more transparency and more frequent posts! (picture circa 1972) Love you all!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Love you!

Jolene Grace said...

What a great post, and great picture. I look forward to hearing more!

Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

Me too. To be transparent in the blog world sometimes takes so much time and energy....thus it's easier to post pics and little stories. I was thinking recently that I need to a blog about all of the lately happenings in my life too, I'm gonna make the time to be transparent too :). xoxo

Christy said...

Love you crazy girl!