Thursday, September 23, 2010

Blessings... #1. My Mother

My Mother. She's a wonder. She's superwoman. She's intelligent, a caregiver extraordinaire. She put herself through school and was an RN and then a school nurse. She is so good at so many things, it's seems unfair, but I could never think negative thoughts because so many of those things she's done for ME. She's an excellent cook, seamstress, housekeeper, wife, mother, grandmother (now great-grandmother). She isn't just those things, as many are, she's the BEST at those things. She really is. I'm not just saying that because she's My Mom. She's always made us feel special, and took TIME with us... really, isn't that what kids really want anyway but don't always get enough of? TIME. With me, and more noticeably, since I'm older and can understand these things, with my kids. She makes incredible handmade gifts for everyone she loves and cares about. The possession I hold most dear in life is the quilt she made for me. And she's classy... dresses to perfection, head to toe. I don't understand where she gets all her energy, which has never diminished, even at age 82. She's been an incredible role model. I admire her more than anyone I know. I love her so much. Here's a peek at her awesome life. Isn't she beautiful? Inside and out.










5 comments:

Rhonda said...

She looks AMAZING. There's no way she's 82 :)

April said...

I love the picture of her facing out the window from the back of a car on her wedding day. Classic!

Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

I agree, your mother is one of a kind. Amazing. I think you've even handed off some of her recipes to me =). And you SO take after her...great cook, handmade gift giver, loving mother, hardworking, great taste....

Christy said...

Apple doesn't fall far my friend. :) Love you!

Stacey said...

she certainly is a blessing for three lucky girls.