Friday, July 18, 2008

Grace

What is grace? I looked it up in the dictionary:

Elegance, beauty of form, manner, motion, or action. A pleasing or attractive quality. Favor or good will. Mercy, clemency, pardon. Favor shown in granting a delay or temporary immunity. The freely given, unmerited favor and love of God. The influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them. A virtue or excellence of divine origin. Moral strength. A short prayer before or after a meal, in which a blessing is asked and thanks are given. A formal title. To lend or add grace to, adorn. To favor or honor. To be kind. Regarded with favor.

Synonyms are: 1. attractiveness, charm, gracefulness, comeliness, ease, kindness, love, embellish, beautify, deck, decorate, ornament, enhance, honor.

Are there those in our lives that scream out "GRACE?" I can think of some in my past and present life that show grace on a daily basis. Do I? Not so much, I don't think. Maybe in some circumstances, but in all? No way. I'm going to singularly focus on this for awhile, and make a special effort to improve on areas in my life where I'm not filled with "grace," where I don't offer grace to someone I'm in contact with, outwardly and even inwardly... that place or that reaction that no one sees or hears but me (and God... yikes).

2 comments:

Christy said...

mmmm.........ya' thats great. Thank you for that reminder. I am trying to dwell in Gods grace in a few relationships right now that are less than honoring God. To respond lovingly if evenin my head and heart where only like you said God hears.

Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

such a good thing to focus on. grace "is" so attractive, so desirable. i too want to have more grace in my heart. thanks for the nudge.