Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy 10th Survival Anniversary!!!

OH MY GOSH. I should have had a party. Someone just reminded me that it was 10 years ago (on July 10th - Bryan's birthday) that I was given a "death sentence." My doctor said he would not give me a time frame, but that I would never go into remission... his goal for me was quantity and quality of life. My second opinion gave me two years. Wow. Those were tough times, and beautiful times. It gave me an appreciation of all the little aspects of life... to appreciate each day's beauty (yes, I actually stop my car, get out and watch beautiful sunsets); it taught me how to be pro-active and be in charge of my body and treatment. I learned that some loved ones just don't know how to react to illness, and that other loved ones are gifted caregivers. It showed me the importance of church, fellowship and prayer. Thank you to those who were with me, cared for me, prayed for me... and simply loved me during those challenging and incredible months.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow Eileen, ten years.... God is good! I remember quite well when you were diagnosed. Praise God for your health and your current outlook on life. Praying for many more healthy years for you!

Christy said...

oh Eileen your post choked me up. Dan & I often talk about how good and faithful God is through your health trials. It reminds me to keep my chin up when things are bleak in the health area. Your a strong women and I love that God has grown you and allowed us to be part of your life for so many years. Amazing! ;)

Crystal said...

Mmm. I am so glad our God is so good. You are truly alive and well, preparing to be a bride, with grandchild & handsome children. Who could ask for more? Praise God. I am so glad you're alive and an important part of my life.

Rhonda said...

Oh my goodness. I can't believe it has been 10 years. God is soooo good.