Monday, March 30, 2009

Round Top, Texas









I took a drive to Round Top, Texas this weekend. If you've never heard of Round Top... it is famous for it's HUGE, and I mean miles and miles long HUGE antique sale. The City of Round Top boasts a population of 70, but all the surrounding farmers and homes rent out space on their property, and dealers from all over the country come and set up their goods, some under tents, some in buildings, some in homes, some set out on the lawn. It's an almost a three hour drive for me, but I have only been once when I first moved here, and I wanted to check it out again, particularly to see how the bluebonnets were doing on the drive... yes, the Bluebonnet Chaser is still at it, and will be for probably two more weekends. It was a long drive, but a pleasant one with my Sugarland (and other) music for company.

5 comments:

Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

I'm drooling. Seriously, all over. I WANT LIKE EVERY OTHER PIECE OF FURNITURE! We're they cheap?! Oh goodness, we are SO driving to Round Top when it's time to give the furniture we're "babysitting". Do they have this every weekend?! Email me....

This weekend is a no-go, maybe the following?

Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

For Ennis that is.

Christy said...

oh that looks like fun! I would love that.

Rhonda said...

Oh how I wish Round Top was only a day trip away. This looks FABULOUS. I guess maybe its good its not. I have to stick to a budget.

Eileen said...

Friends... although it was fun, prices were terrible. All these out-of-town people had to pay for their travel and lodging expenses! The established antique store prices were decent, though. It's a great place for "window" shopping, so-to-speak.