Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What a Spring Break!!!









My sister Stacey surprised me with a phone call on Tuesday during my spring break, and said "I have a free ticket... can I come?" WE HAD A BLAST! We always have fun together, but this time seemed extra special, maybe because we had a lot of time for just the two of us, maybe because it was so spontaneous. Whatever the reason, it was a time for awesome memories and bonding, alone, with Carl, Michelle, Kylah, Bryan and Robin, or out exploring the sites and countryside. Here's a smattering of some images of the week... starting at the bottom is Stacey in the wildflowers... the bluebonnets are awesome this year, as you can see. Next the gang (Bryan must be hiding behind the tree?) playing croquet on the front lawn, then we have Sis and Carl being themselves (i.e. having fun), the outhouse race in Granbury, the hippie-harley outhouse close-up that won the race, another bluebonnet image, this one in Ennis, curious cows discovered on one of our countryside wanderings, and a close-up of one of the cowboys in Fort Worth's stockyards.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Looks like sooo much fun!

Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

Way to give her a true "Texan" experience ;).
I am SO glad you guys had that time together! What a memory. Love the hippie sign picture :).

Christy said...

Thats so fun Eillen. I am so glad you guys got to just be together. What great memories. :) Thanks for sharing.

Jolene Grace said...

What a HUGE blessing! The flowers are stunning. The gift of family is something unmatched.

Stacey said...

I had the best...best...time with you! We are kindred spirits who happen to be sisters. Does it get any better?