Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Random Thoughts

BIG NEWS EVERYONE! Carl's wife, Michelle, is pregnant with TWINS!!! This is such great news! My heart spills over with love for my granddaughter, Kylah, and more little blessings will just be incredible!!!

Phew. I'm so glad the Olympics are over. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE the Olympics. But every day after work and all evening, and way too much time on the weekends, I was a couch potato watching it all unfold. Ok, give myself a break... it is only two weeks every four years, well, two weeks every two years if you also include the summer Olympics. And I'm sorry, Canada is a great place I'm sure, but at the closing ceremonies I was pretty tired of hearing about it and seeing the oak leaf on EVERYTHING. Geez... what's the matter, Eileen. You usually aren't quite so critical!!!

The sun is out today, and it is a welcome change from the cloudy and rainy weather we have been having. I'm ready for a Texas spring. People, it is as beautiful here in the spring as it is in New England in the Fall, truly. I walk around taking deep breaths and exclaiming how gorgeous it is everywhere I go. I can't wait!!!

6 comments:

Jolene Grace said...

Good golly, TWINS?! Congrats to ALL of you! How exciting!

We were in the same boat with the Olympics. Danny is mourning the end of them now.

I just had my first Iris bulb flower today. Spring is on the horizon...just you wait! XOXOXO

Rhonda said...

Congratulations!!!
Erin has twins and they are double the blessing and double the work :)
It's starting to look like Spring around here too. I think my photogroup is going to drive the blossom trail on Saturday - can't wait. I also can't wait to see some pictures of Spring there!!!

Jessica said...

TWINS! How fun that will be... especially on the grandma end of things :) Congrats!

Crystal said...

I know I saw that on her fb wall, SO exciting! God's like tripling your prayer for grandchildren ;).

And I never watch either Olympics, I know it's kinda sad. Sports just don't interest me much. Actually, I don't even watch TV that much. I think I have too short of an attention span, maybe that's what it is.

Christy said...

OH MY GOSH! Twins? Seriously? How fun for you all. They will be bursting at the seams. :) As for the olympics I only watch the final hockey match up between the USA and Canada and heeellloooo bummer! At that point I was "over" Canada as well. ;) OK I am so ready for sping here as well. Our cherry blossoms are trying to bloom as are the magnolia trees. I always think of you when I hear about spring in Texas cause I know how much you love your blue flowers. :)

Stacey said...

I am still in shock over this news. Blessings !

I can't wait to hear about your first experience in babysitting.

I have Carly and Jack here with no parents for three or four days in April. Yikes! I don't know how I am going to be able to handle them. And Ken wants Riley here at the same time.

I can't wait to see a family portrait of 5 taken by you.