Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Favorite Movie of All Time



Has everybody seen this movie? To Kill A Mockingbird should be required reading and movie watching for every adult. It is absolutely my FAVORITE movie of all time. I watch it occasionally, a couple times a year typically, because it moves me so, and I think it is so relevant to the history of the United States, to America's race issues, injustice, and a single dad's relationship with his children in the 1930's. Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch is AMAZING... it was the role that he considered his best and he was quoted as saying that he most admired this man over any that he ever portrayed. The American Film Institute recently voted Attitus Finch the number one hero of all time in film. Wow! The performances of the children actors portraying Scout and Jem are amazing; as are all the actors in this film. And the cinematography is incredible. Have I said it enough to convince you? I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I'm sold!!! I am not much of a movie person but since being married to Dan I am starting to convert a little. :)

Less Bark. More Wag. said...

Have you seen 'Capote' with Philip Seymour Hoffman? There is an interesting side story about To Kill A Mockingbird in that movie. Since it's my fave book, I found it fascinating! Rent it and see. I'm not going to spoil it for you.