Monday, September 15, 2008

Grandma Time!!!

Grandma had another overnight with Kylah... what a blast! We went to the American Girl Boutique and Bistro in Dallas. I was worried about Hurricane Ike, because it was supposed to touch down at the same time as I would be driving to Dallas, but fortunately the eye of the storm decided to head a bit east, and although it was raining, the storm was much less than predicted and the roads were not bad at all. Kylah and Nikki were dressed to match, and a lot of the shoppers in the store were commenting on how cute she looked and where did I get that outfit? (can't take credit for it, though). We had lunch - Kylah had cheese fondue for her appetizer, with mac & cheese and fruit. I had spinach dip with crackers, panini sandwich and tomato soup. All yummy, but WAY too much food, we hardly ate half of it. It's all one price regardless of your age, and the portions are the same for EVERYBODY! I let Kylah pick out one outfit for her doll, and after looking through the whole boutique and all the amazing choices of every aspect of life offered, she selected a gorgeous indian leather dress with moccasins, choker and feather hairpiece. All of this girlie stuff is new to me, and is SO MUCH FUN!!! I loved watching all the other patrons with their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. It was a perfect weekend with my precious girl!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I am so glad you had so much fun. Glad you didn't get rained on too hard (I loved the dreary Saturday, nice change of pace). Kylah looked darling :)!

And I've been waiting two weeks for a new post ;)!

Jessica said...

How fun! That sounds so great :)

Rhonda said...

Oh what fun! I've been to the American Girl store in LA with my neice. I LOVED it!!! Why didn't they have something like that when I was a young girl?

Christy said...

Morgan loves American girl dolls. I need to take her to the store in LA. What fun memories you two are making. Go Grandma!!! :)

justabby said...

What fun! Kylah looks adorable!! Glad you "gals" had a blast!!!

Less Bark. More Wag. said...

That sounds like a real kick! Inside fun for a rainy day. I agree, girls are fun! I love my son, don't get me wrong, but hauling around a gym bag isn't as much fun as carrying a shopping bag, is it? LOL