Friday, October 24, 2008

Tag 2nd generation

Ok, I've been tagged by quite a few people lately, and there are two different "tags" rolling around. Here's the second one, which is quite fun, I think:




1. I LOVE wind and severe weather. I love watching the leaves fall from the trees as the wind blows, the sounds it makes whirling through the trees. I LOVE snuggling up on my couch in my flannel blanket on cold winter days. I would love going out to play (or shovel) in the snow if I still lived in my mountains, but unfortunately that's not the case anymore. I LOVE my nose going purple from the cold but the rest of my body being warm under layers of clothes.

2. I LOVE the fact that I'm a flower child, or I was anyway. I LOVED the sixties and that I was a part of that remarkable season... cheering on returning soldiers (and wearing a bracelet with a POW's name on it to be reminded of our soldiers' sacrifices - my guy - unknown to me - spent seven years as a POW but came home!!!) but protesting the war. I actually passed out flowers at the local park when I was a teenager and said "make love, not war." It was a tumultuous, invigorating, sad, wonderful time to be a teenager.

3. I LOVE to write letters and send cards. The old fashioned way. I still do it, just because.

4. I LOVE rock and roll - loud. I love all kinds of other music too, and I'm even starting to get into country.

5. I LOVE blue cheese dressing... on everything... hamburgers, salad, in mashed potatoes (instead of the milk), on veggies broiled.

6. I have a few things I can't stand... people multi-tasking when they are communicating with you... so rude... hey, call me back when you can give me your full attention. And being late. Again, selfish and rude. Is your time more important than mine?

7. I LOVE taking time to smell the flowers... meaning, I LOVE to lay down on the grass and stare up at the sky. I LOVE to stop my car at random moments when I see something gorgeous. I LOVE spending the day with my camera photographing beautiful and interesting things. I LOVE breathing in deeply, exhaling slowly and intentionally, and taking in all of God's wonders.

There's so much more, obviously... I didn't even mention PEOPLE. But the rules said seven, and those are what I thought of first.

Ok, and now I tag Jolene, Jessica, Crystal, Rhonda, Christy, Chelle.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I'm not ignoring your tags. I promise I will get to them soon. I think these tags are fun!